Internal Posting #210404
COUNSELLOR I/Night Counsellor – Deakin House
TEMPORARY, PART-TIME – 52 hours bi-weekly
This position is expected to begin on or about Saturday, May 1, 2021 and is expected to end on or about Thursday, May 5, 2022.
- Minimum education & skill requirement: Post-secondary education in social services from a recognized Ontario College or equivalent field related experience is preferred.
- Experience in Community Residential Services and Programming as related to intellectually delayed persons, with knowledge and experience in Applied Behaviour Analysis.
- A successfully completed Pharmacology course from a recognized Ontario College or equivalent.
- A mature and conscientious individual who is creative, flexible and interested in maximizing the integration of residents into the community.
- Training in First Aid, CPR and CPI, and other delegated acts pertinent to individual needs
You must have a valid G driver’s license, possession of a vehicle for work and appropriate insurance. Tact, diplomacy and initiative suitable to deal with others in management positions, co-workers and volunteers are essential to ensure continuity and effective teamwork.
Hourly Rate: per CUPE Collective Agreement (Union position)
Deadline for applications: Monday, April 19, 2021 at Noon.
Please forward cover letter quoting posting #210404 to:
Tayside Community Options
P.O. Box 707
Perth, ON K7H 3K5
Posted: Wednesday, April 14, 2021
Tayside Community Options is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please let us know of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be kept confidential.